Skip to main content

SIX OF CROWS BY LEIGH BARDUGO


To begin with, it is the collector's edition and the copy of the book is very much appealing to read. The plot of the story lies in a country called Kerch. Kaz Brekkar is a boy in his teens who became the leader of the Dregs in young age. The crew of six members of the crow club is assigned to a very daring and deathly mission in turn of a huge sum of money that one could imagine. The mission involves entering the much secure Ice Court in Fjerdan.
They build up an apt plan before their start but unfortunately things end up much complicated and dangerous to their expectations. Things go very wrong and they become helpless at times. Will the crew accomplish their task? Will their debts be met? With no great unity even among the six will they end up alive? The entire journey is completely breath taking and adventurous. The book includes the Grishaverse magical members. The Grisha magic will make sense if you have read the "Shadow and Bone" Triology but I have not read them yet and still was able to understand the story well. The author has taken lots of imagination to build the story and it is a mere evidence of her efforts. The people in the story are bound by vengeance, greed, fear, debts, love, revenge, bravery and much more and each characters have their own past that explains their current situations. Kaz Brekkar is a very powerful character and his attitude takes the story to a next level. I have taken so long to complete this wonderful book yet it deserves all those waitings. I recommend everyone to get into this wonderful Grishaverse story and experience it yourself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

  BE BETTER BIT BY BIT BY NISHITH GOYAL Look who has found a wonderful self - help book...yes!! I am surprised that I'm impressed. For everyone looking for a book that will actually work and not just talk, you have Be Better Bit By Bit by Nishith Goyal. It has everything that a self - improvement newbie would truly need. This book is not another one which throws encouragements which feels good to read and not to implement. It made me implement the ideas without even knowing that I am doing those. Who wouldn't want such a motivation? This book didn't teach me what to do (which obviously should be decided by me) but it taught me how to do and why should I do which in turn makes me do them. Trust me guys, as the name denotes its going to be at a slow rate which gave me a trust that I am going to sustain forever in why I do. Self care is so misunderstood as a task but its not just that. Its a journey which we must take and keep travelling consistently. As time flies the results...
MY VOICE Hi folks, just thought of sharing what I feel. Initially bookstagram/blogging was not something that I knew of. I started posting about books just as part of my personal instagram account and what's app stories whenever I feel so. But with days I became more vehement about reading. Books slowly became more than just a thing to me. I felt a tie with books that helped me escape from realistic torments that I had. It truely helped me become strong and taught me a lot that cannot be explained in words. Besides everything, I found a true worthy friend and a companion through books. Despite my understanding of what I read, the books understood me better. And today I stand here and I feel like I travelled to the right place. I feel content in what I'm doing and now I want to take my travel forward in the path and by this way I could do something in return for the peace that the books give me. I do not know where I am heading and wat my destination is but I truely ...
TURN THE TABLES BY PRIYA KUMAR First of all it was quite a different experience for me to read self help kind of book. But it was entirely not like how I have made an assumption about it. It was a good experience. There was no overflowing emotions that I find difficult to control while reading something fictional, although I love them. This was a very relaxed read for me. I read slowly, grasping every single sentence in it. And truely it was so inspirational. If you feel down or lack that quick pint of boost that is required at times to stay on track I will surely recommend this book. It was not entirely throwing mere motivational statements but was thought provoking with real time incidents described. This way I found it more engaging than I have expected it to be. The best part that I completely loved about this book is the set of questions that follow every chapter. It helped me greatly to relate the stuffs and to know myself deeper. I came to know new perspectives on vari...