Skip to main content

THE HEART'S INVISIBLE FURIES BY JOHN BOYNE


This book is a sort of a different read for me. Yes it was something unique from all the other books that I read. This is a book about Cyril, the protagonist who is a homosexual in Ireland. The story begins from 1945 where Mrs.Goggins, Cyril's mother is thrown out of the church and ends in 2015. This explains the length of the book indeed (713 pages). It describes more about Ireland and the lifestyle change of people there way from older days to today.
I really was able to discover lots of new ideas from the book. It gave my mind a more broad view on different parts of the world and stuffs. The entire life of Cyril from scratch made me realize that the world is really huge and means more than what we knew. It was really a wonderful experience reading this book. Although it didn't go well for me at first, the subsequent parts where really interesting. The narration was good and kept going smoothly. There were lots of varied characters and yes it requires your effort in keeping track of them. Each people in the books had their own thoughts yet everyone was justified and that is what I like the most of this book.
The relationship between Cyril and Alice was my favourite especially specially towards the end. The book was so hilarious and I kept laughing at many places. It was also moving at the same time with lots of loses and sadness happening. It is a book where one could really understand so many things and will love it. I really liked it on the whole.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

  BE BETTER BIT BY BIT BY NISHITH GOYAL Look who has found a wonderful self - help book...yes!! I am surprised that I'm impressed. For everyone looking for a book that will actually work and not just talk, you have Be Better Bit By Bit by Nishith Goyal. It has everything that a self - improvement newbie would truly need. This book is not another one which throws encouragements which feels good to read and not to implement. It made me implement the ideas without even knowing that I am doing those. Who wouldn't want such a motivation? This book didn't teach me what to do (which obviously should be decided by me) but it taught me how to do and why should I do which in turn makes me do them. Trust me guys, as the name denotes its going to be at a slow rate which gave me a trust that I am going to sustain forever in why I do. Self care is so misunderstood as a task but its not just that. Its a journey which we must take and keep travelling consistently. As time flies the results...
MY VOICE Hi folks, just thought of sharing what I feel. Initially bookstagram/blogging was not something that I knew of. I started posting about books just as part of my personal instagram account and what's app stories whenever I feel so. But with days I became more vehement about reading. Books slowly became more than just a thing to me. I felt a tie with books that helped me escape from realistic torments that I had. It truely helped me become strong and taught me a lot that cannot be explained in words. Besides everything, I found a true worthy friend and a companion through books. Despite my understanding of what I read, the books understood me better. And today I stand here and I feel like I travelled to the right place. I feel content in what I'm doing and now I want to take my travel forward in the path and by this way I could do something in return for the peace that the books give me. I do not know where I am heading and wat my destination is but I truely ...
TURN THE TABLES BY PRIYA KUMAR First of all it was quite a different experience for me to read self help kind of book. But it was entirely not like how I have made an assumption about it. It was a good experience. There was no overflowing emotions that I find difficult to control while reading something fictional, although I love them. This was a very relaxed read for me. I read slowly, grasping every single sentence in it. And truely it was so inspirational. If you feel down or lack that quick pint of boost that is required at times to stay on track I will surely recommend this book. It was not entirely throwing mere motivational statements but was thought provoking with real time incidents described. This way I found it more engaging than I have expected it to be. The best part that I completely loved about this book is the set of questions that follow every chapter. It helped me greatly to relate the stuffs and to know myself deeper. I came to know new perspectives on vari...